Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS)
- Keep It Simple Stupid variations: Keep it short and simple / Keep it smart and simple / Keep it simple, silly.
- Most systems work best if they are simple. A simple design should be the key goal. There is a direct correlation between the simplicity of an explanation or a product and its usefulness, meaning simpler is more useful. KISS is not meant to imply stupidity.
- On the other hand, the focus must be kept on achieving the goal. Oversimplification is dangerous if the goal cannot be achieved because of it.
- The KISS principle can be used almost everywhere, including programming, public speaking, design, etc.
- “Make everything as simple as possible but not simpler” – Albert Einstein
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication” – Leonardo Da Vinci
- “Less is more” – Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
- “Make Simple Tasks Simple!” – Bjarne Stroustrup
The newest post: MVP Types